Our commitment to the climate, included in our 2020-2023 Sustainability and CSR Plan, includes the specific goal of reducing emissions. Given its impact on the value chain as a whole, this is our most far-reaching project and involves all departments. We are members of stakeholder groups that share our concern for textile sustainability, allowing us to pool knowledge and align with the trends in the sector.
We calculate our carbon footprint every year, and we carry out projects that will help us reduce our emissions. Reducing our carbon footprint and becoming a carbon-neutral company by 2050 is one of the most important goals from our 2020-2023 Sustainability and CSR Plan. Since 2021, the measurement and certification of our environmental commitments have been endorsed by Science Based Targets.
Sustainable packaging and consumables
In 2021, we completely removed single-use plastics from our product packaging. All of its components are now more sustainable with a smaller environmental impact.See more
We have launched a project to gradually replace mannequins for others with 100% recycled and recyclable materials, fully circular and endlessly recyclable, made from ResisTek.
Furthermore, we are increasing the use of recyclable and circular materials at our stores to reduce the use of virgin materials and those with a short lifespan.
Regarding the waste generated at our buildings and stores in Spain, in 2021 we were able to recover 97% of 1,188 tonnes, leaving only 3% for disposal (a 2% improvement over 2020). The generation of waste has also been reduced by 5.6% compared to the previous year.